Chandrashila which translates to the word moon rock is a summit of Tungnath. The place of pristine and majestic that you will forget all your worries and will just want to spend your whole life there. It is the best choice for wildlife lovers.
It is a place which you will least expect from and will be highly surprised by its beauty. There are many places to trek in Uttarakhand. But there is something that is very unique about the Chopta Chandrashila trek that gets you addicted to it.
WHY IS THE CHOPTA CHANDRASHILA TREK A GOOD CHOICE?
- The reason this summit should be your choice is that it not only lets you have a majestic view from the peak, you will also see the major summits of eastern and western Uttarakhand.
- The trail of the chop Chandra Shila trek is lined with pink, scarlet and red rhododendrons. The trail was enlightened with the breathtaking flowers with some fallen on the ground giving it a hint of elegance.
- Apart from flora, the summit is highly infused with a vast species of birds. Forget the mountains, valleys, or meadows, you would never see the number of birds as you see here. The birds in so many numbers, chirping and flying from tree to tree, will be the best experience of your life.
- As you reach the lake, you can never take your eyes off the beautiful Mt. Chaukhamba. The majestic and pristine sight is what you will miss the most about the trek.
BEST TIME TO GO FOR THE TREK
- In winter- The trek can be done till the month of December. The trek is not recommended in the months of January and February due to the heavy snowfall it experiences. Due to the snowfall the roads are often blocked which makes it a bit harder to trek. If you are a snow lover do visit it in the winter.
- In the spring season- To have a view of the gorgeous rhododendrons, visit the summit in the months of March to April. The trails are lined with pink and red trees. Great to just explore this place at this time.
- In summer- The summit is like the landscape in a painting that has come to life. The lush green meadows and valleys that speak for nature are so wonderfully laid that you will fall in love with the place.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE TREKKING
- Although the trek is considered easy overall, the part where you reach kind and have to reach Chandra Shila can be tricky, especially when trekking in snow.
- People who are sensitive to altitude can develop acute morning sickness. Symptoms of AMS include nausea, feeling dizzy and weak, persistent headache, and loss of diet and sleep.
- You should keep yourself well hydrated and should carry at least 2 water bottles with you.
- To avoid cold blisters on your feet, you should try wearing two pairs of socks. The feet are intended to sell, so prefer buying one size larger shoes for avoiding sore feet.
THINGS TO BE CARRIED DURING THE TREK
The trek requires some things that are mandatory to be carried. These things include:
- Trekking boots and camp shoes
- A pair of thick woolen socks
- A thick winter jacket and a woolen cap
- A comfortable pair of trekking pants.
- A pair of sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- Water bottle (Very important)
- Trekking pole
- First aid box with a swiss knife.
HOW TO REACH THE SUMMIT?
Haridwar is the first point of the Chopta trek which is easily accessible by road, rail, and air. You can take a road trip through the roads of National Highway 58, which connects metropolises and other towns to this beautiful city. Several buses are available between Delhi and Haridwar on a regular basis making Haridwar a well-connected destination.
Railway networks from major cities like New Delhi and Dehradun connect to the Haridwar junction railway station, which is located within walking distance to numerous hotels. You can board a flight to the Jolly Grant airport, which is located 36 km from Haridwar with daily flights on this circuit from Delhi. Taxis are conveniently available from this airport to reach Haridwar.